I’m going to share with y’all a super simple do it yourself door mat. We all know how expensive cute and stylish door mats can be! They are easily $30-$50 😱
Total cost for today’s project is under $15.
- Coir Mat- these can be found online or at local stores such as Target or Home Depot
- Paint- a small can of indoor/outdoor paint, a can of indoor/outdoor spray paint, or even a thick permanent marker
- Paint brush(es)
- Optional: stencils, painters tape, measuring tape, ruler, push pins (to hold stencil in place)
Purchase Your Supplies
These can be found at your local retail/hardware store or even purchased online.
I purchased this one at Target on sale ($1 off) for $8.99
I used an indoor/outdoor fast drying latex paint that I purchased from Home Depot
Other Supplies That I Used
Blue painters tape, tape measure, a permanent marker (to create an outline of my design onto the mat), a small paint brush for my letters, and a thicker paint brush for my lines, and I made my own stencil for the arrow design.
Figure out your design
- What do you want it to say?
- Do you want flowers or hearts or a house?
- Do you want color or want to keep it simple?
There are some SUPER CUTE ideas on Pinterest >>> Click HERE
I went with- Welcome Ya’ll – Its simple and totally me! I decided on some horizontal lines, added a cute heart as my O in welcOme, and opted for white arrows to make them stand out from the rest of the mat. BTW I totally changed my design up a few times. lol
Like NIKE Just do it
I used the blue painters tape 2 different times during the project to keep everything aligned. I used my sharpie to write out my message and the lines and then came back on with my brushes and paint and thickened everything up.
Total time was maybe an hour
There ya’ll go 🙂 Super simple DIY Door Mat!
Check out these other awesome tutorials below for more ideas and techniques on DIY mats!!!